Inner Monologue
I jot the words down on the page, they mock me
They whisper, this is slop
The words turn around slam the door and lock
But I keep writing I can't stop
But I keep writing I can't stop
This suit of minced meat is too small, doesn't fit
feelings it leaves uncontained, inadequate
it quivers when I need it to be still
It betrays me like teen love will
It betrays me like teen love will
Constant questioning, what is the meaning
my mind plays tricks, it's screaming
Overthinking snowballs mindchatter shatters
Inner world now epicenter outer one doesn't matter
Inner world now epicenter outer one doesn't matter
The sounds are too bright, the lights too loud,
my thunderous heart needs to escape this crowd
I jot down words that quiver, they whisper inadequacies
They betray me with their shape shifting and jealousy
They betray me with their shape shifting and jealousy
Words that play tricks, conspire and snowball into reality,
Get recited by hungry hearts and crowds without morality
Get recited by hungry hearts and crowds without morality
Comments
Post a Comment